One week down for the 30 day challenge! Everyone has started out great and many are already starting to see results. If you aren’t seeing physical changes or don’t feel like your clothes are fitting looser, don’t give it up just yet. Take a minute and think about if you’ve seen any other results. Maybe your midday crash isn’t as severe, or your lingering cold has finally disappeared. Do you have fewer headaches? Do you wake up feeling a little more refreshed than usual? While losing weight, inches, and body fat is usually the number one goal, there are so many other benefits to eating a clean diet. Think about how you’re feeling different today and enjoy some good eats this week!
Pizza Spaghetti Pie
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 pound italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- (optional: add anything you like with pizza: veggies, basil, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it. Then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in an 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add italian sausage and onion. Cook until pink no longer remains in the sausage and it is broken up into pieces.
- Add pizza sauce, dried basil and salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.
- Add sausage mixture to the 8×8 dish and mix well with spaghetti squash threads.
- Lastly, add whisked eggs to the baking dish and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press on it in the middle of the dish.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
From the blog paleomg.com (http://paleomg.com/almost-5-ingredient-pizza-spaghetti-pie/)