When: January 18-February 16
Prizes: There will be 2 winners. One for the highest percentage of body fat loss, and another one for highest number of points (explained below).
What to eat: Paleo. Any meat, fruit, veggies, nuts or seeds. Items that are NOT paleo include:
- Grains (bread, pasta, baked goods, tortillas, corn-based foods)
- Exceptions: rice and oats
- Legumes (beans, peanuts, soybeans and soy-based products)
- All forms of sugar (white sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, agave)
- Exceptions: stevia and honey in small quantities
- Processed foods. Basically anything that comes in a package. If you have to read through the ingredients list and wonder if it’s paleo or not, it most likely isn’t.
- All of it.
Point system: Points will be given and taken away each day. Here’s how you can earn and lose:
- +10 points for a perfect Paleo day of eating
- +5 points for drinking at least 64 oz. of water in a day
- +5 points for showing up at Flatland and doing a WOD (max 10 points/week)
- +3 point for getting 8 hours of sleep
- -3 points for each cheat (anything that has grains, sugar, dairy, soy, legumes, or alcohol). Max of -9 points/day, and there will be no negative scores.
How we are keeping track: Under the “My Journal” tab on Wodify you are able to log your daily meals, water intake and amount of sleep. You can enter in if you did a workout in the “My Comments” box. (There is also a box for entering your weight every day. This one is not necessary to fill out. We’ll weigh again at the end.) These journals will be seen by the coaches to help hold you accountable and to track your points. This is obviously on the honor system. We know you can log perfect meals every day if you wanted. But what good does that do for you? Let’s take 30 days and give ourselves an honest effort in eating nutritious food, crushing some WODs, sleeping well, and feeling great.
Get signed up at the gym before the 18th! We will be measuring body fat and weighing. Let us know if you have any questions!